Handsignaller 1 and 2
Provided for Transport for NSW and ARTC Networks
- Nationally accredited training with a Statement of Attainment issued from TLI32715 Certificate III in Track Protection from the Transport and Logistics training package.
These courses are competency based beginning with Handsignaller Level 1 (2 day course) progressing to Handsignaller 2 (1 day duration).
Participants can choose to either undertake each course seperately or combined.
Training provides participants with skills and knowledge to carry out duties required to protect worksites under the control of a Protection Officer.
Handsignaller Level 1 includes, but not limited to:
- Perform lookout duties
- Perform inner or outer handsignaller duties
- Hand signal rail traffic at a worksite or within a possession.
- Using communication systems
Handsignaller Level 2 includes, but not limited to:
- As per Handsignaller 1 duties (above)
- Perform inner and outer handsignaller at a fixed signal
- Perform Handsignalling duties at a defective signal
- Pilot rail traffic into, within and out of a possession area
- Hand signal at level crossings
Combined HS1 and 2:
- $600 per person (incl GST)
- $400 per person for the final assessment for ARTC
Note: Transport for NSW conduct their own final assessments with price on application.
- Handsignalling level 1: $450 per person (incl GST)
- Handsignalling level 2: $250 per person (incl GST)
Prices may vary due to location and participant’s industry experience.
Please contact our office for further details
||7:30am to 4:00pm. (Approximately)
||Please contact our office to find out when the next course is available: 02 9708 5980 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must hold a current RIW card
- Category 1 medical
- Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate well in English
||Persons over the age of 18 years old.
||Plain casual clothing, enclosed shoes. (No thongs or singlets)
- SCCRT Training Centre, Level 1, Unit 7/4 Brunker Road, Chullora 2190
- MCR 12 Resolution Drive, Unanderra, NSW 2526
- TECSIDE Suite 10/30 Shipley Drive, Rutherford, NSW 2320
NB: Courses delivered in the Illawarra and Maitland require minimum numbers or a group booking of 6-10 persons. Please contact us for further details: 9708 5980 or email email@example.com.
||All day parking is available around the building complex.
||Payment can be made on the day by Eftpos.
Participants will be required to pass theory and practical assessments to achieve competency.
After passing the theory assessments, you will be issued with an 'On Job Workbook' which is to be completed by you under the supervision of an experienced Handsignaller.
You have 6 months to complete the ‘On Job Workbook’ (see below).
When complete, a final assessment needs to be undertaken (by TfNSW assessor or SCCRT assessor for ARTC) to determine competence.
'On Job Workbook' Training
Training Opportunity Provided By:
Your ‘On Job Workbook‘ covers the practical requirements associated with Handsignaller duties.
To assist you with completing the On Job Workbook Multi Civil & Rail will provide you with an On-Site Practical Training opportunity signed off by a qualified PO to prepare you for your final assessment.
Note: you will not be paid by MCR for this training but you will gain valuable industry ‘On Job‘ skills & knowledge that may lead to future employment with MCR.
Upon successful completion of the ‘On Job Workbook’ and ‘One on One’ competency assessment you will receive a Statement of Attainment recognising completion of the following units:
Handsignaller level 1:
Handsignaller level 2:
- TLIF2082 Perform handsignaller duties
- TLIF2081 Perform Lookout duties
- TLIW2001 Operate under track protection rules
- TLIF2097 Use audible track warning devices
- TLIE2007 Use communication systems
- TLIC2081 Pilot rail traffic within work on track authority limits
- TLIW2037 Clip and secure points
||Please call reception on 9708 5980 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
or click on the online Enrolment links below: