Working Near Live Electrical Overhead Power Lines
This certificate course is prepared to meet requirements with the Work Cover ‘Work Near Overhead Power Lines’ Code of Practice.
Commonly referred to as ‘Spotter’ it provides for the accreditation of non-electrical workers operating or observing the operation of cranes, plant or vegetation control activities in close proximity to potentially live electrical apparatus such as overhead power lines, underground cables and railway electrical overhead traction systems.
Course content will include but is not limited to:
- Basics of electricity
- Electrical generation and distribution systems
- Types of electrical conductors and insulators
- Estimating levels of voltage in overhead powerlines
- Single wire earth returns (SWER)
- How to assess and control electrical risk
- Electrical work permits, authorities and legislation
- Safe work Go/No/Go zones
- Vegetation control
- Reporting incidents
- Relevant Codes of practice
||$250 (incl of GST)
||Please contact our office to find out when the next course is available.
- Current RIW Card
- Must be able to speak, write and understand English well
||Persons over the age of 18 years old.
||Plain casual clothing, enclosed shoes.
- SCCRT Training Centre, Level 1, Unit 7/4 Brunker Road, Chullora 2190
- MCR 12 Resolution Drive, Unanderra, NSW 2526
- TECSIDE Suite 10/30 Shipley Drive, Rutherford, NSW 2320
NB: Courses delivered in the Illawarra and Maitland require minimum numbers. Please contact us for further details: 9708 5980 or email email@example.com.
||All day parking is available around the building complex.
||Payment can be made on the day by Eftpos.
Participants will be required to pass both theory and practical assessments to achieve competency.
On the day, you will be issued with a Certificate of Completion.
To achieve a Statement of Attainment you will be issued with an On Job Work Book which needs to be completed by you and signed off by your supervisor.
The work book provides details of you gaining 40 hours of practical on job experience when working near live overhead powerlines and reinforces your knowledge and understanding of working near the live electrical apparatus.
When completed, the work book needs to be forwarded to SCCRT for review after which a Statement of Attainment be issued.
On the Day:
- Certificate of Completion
Post On Job Workbook completion:
Refresher courses are mandatory on a yearly basis.
Any updates to Codes of Practice or other WHS requirements applicable to working near live electrical apparatus will be discussed.
||Please call reception on 9708 5980 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.